The Minotaur Sampler Volume 9 /

 


Lara is fifteen years old. After leaving her work site, she disappeared. Years later she has never been found. This Mystery is interesting because it happens in such a distant place. The missing girl lived in Reykjavik. No one would expect something\ like this to happen in such an isolated area. Katrin Jakobsdottir writes very quietly. Still, your emotions are very sensitive to this crime. The title "Reykjavik" is an alert that location is very significant to what happens. 

In "The Golden Gate" by Amy Chua, a granddaughter is charged with murder. Reading a grandmother's testimony about three granddaughters left me cold with shock. Who has the strength to speak unemotionally about the ones you love so much? It is the nineteen thirties. If you do not mind feeling frightened, this one might cause you to bite your fingernails. It is a good whodunnit. There is also a few pages of History. Both of these mysteries are treasures  There are four more puzzles to solve. I say hurrah to  Minotaur. 

Oh my, I would die. Finding myself locked in a room with a dead body dripping blood would cause me to scream until I lost my voice. This is where Evelyn Red fern finds herself. I am looking forward to seeing a woman react during wartime to shocking and dastardly conditions that hit her without warning. Thank goodness, Julia A. Kelly has given her a Dorothy L. Sayers Mystery to carry with her. Dorothy L. Sayers can relieve stress and she also can cause brain cells to reclaim their rightful chemicals. The title of this WWII Mystery is "A Traitor in Whitehall."

In the Regency Era, women are not suppose to show any independence. Lady Petra Forsyth   is dfifferent. There is a need for justice and she intends to find it. Dear, dear, dear, usually I love Regency novels. I would have riding horseback and wearing high waist dresses. I looked forward to reading "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Lord" by Celeste Connally. Also, I love a good Mystery. I don't know what's wrong. Something is awry. It is taking too long for the mystery to appear on the pages. Since I can't undue the problem, I can only, sorrowfully, lower the score. I wanted to become acquainted with Lady Petra. So sorry.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fairytale of New York by Zor Folbigg

Sherlock Holmes and the Legend of the Great Auk by Linda Stratmann

In From The Cold by Sarah Bennett