The Curse Of Penryth Hall by Jess Armstrong


 Not long after entering the first chapters a feeling of discomfort takes over the mind and the body. Certain sounds add to those uneasy emotions.At Penryth Hall there are bells. It's interesting the sounds of bells can cause pleasant or unpleasant thoughts to enter the mind.  The real me feels a bit tipped off because so many references lead  back to Edgar Allen Poe. I did not know what to think about his spirit gliding through the pages. So close I could sniff him. 

In other words, I did not feel Jess Armstrong's presence. It's like Edgar Allen Poe had taken over her body. I am interested in learning did she feel like a ghostwriter? Was she fighting the bells and ravens hoping they would go away? Whoever is writing or not writing,  Mr. Poe or Jess Armstrong, the book is great. All five senses spin freely and beg for company while the stories are told. Maybe we are in a dream. My one hope is that I don't see a ghost in my sleep tonight. Here is a shivering 'good night' and a Thank you to st. Martin's Pub. for this complimentary copy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fairytale of New York by Zor Folbigg

Sherlock Holmes and the Legend of the Great Auk by Linda Stratmann

In From The Cold by Sarah Bennett