Spectral Evidence by Gregory Pardlo


 Usually, I do not write about a cover of a book. This cover haunts me. Putting it away only causes the need to see it again. It arouses my interest. So, I must turn to the poems. Each one as deep as the ocean. Each one wringing my brain like the water in a tub of shirts and socks. With words about the state of prisoners my mind is blasted open. I look to see if they are at my feet. 

Thank you to Gregory Pardlo for entering my mind and giving it organization and clarity. Whether it is in a hushed voice or spoken extremely loudly there is the constant thought of mankind , no less for black mankind and woman: There is our survival, and our huge, traveling spirits. Tituba is here! As are the Scythians. I weep thinking of the branded blind slaves. What could have saved them or was it a time of destiny? Tituba speaks to all women. I think Tituba is my most favorite woman mentioned. I will know when I reread this poem what has touched my soul. Yes, children, never forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 aid of the author.

S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fairytale of New York by Zor Folbigg

Sherlock Holmes and the Legend of the Great Auk by Linda Stratmann

In From The Cold by Sarah Bennett